Open Call: Get On Board The Blog Tour
Dear Bloggerly/Writerly Friends,
Are you looking for free, fun, and adventurous ways to advertise a currently or upcoming published work or blog? If so, please join the “My Writing Process” Blog Tour. This is how it works:
1. Write a blog post that answers the following four questions:
- What am I working on?
- How does my work differ from others of its genre?
- Why do I write what I do?
- How does my writing process work?
2. Within that post, link to the author who invited you and the author you invited.
- Provide a brief biography and link to the author’s website/blog who invited you. This link should be to the blog post in which the one who invited you answered the four questions above.
- Provide a brief biography and link to the author’s website/blog you invited to join the tour. This link should be to the invitees’ general blog and not their post as they will not have written it yet.
You can do this linking in the body of the blog or at the beginning/end. The Blog Tour Guide suggests one blog per week. You are welcome to post quicker than that. It is important to keep it going.
3. Post and promote the post.
In your blog post, be sure to add #mywritingprocess as a tag. This is also the case for posting on Twitter, tumblr, or any site that takes tags.
Well that’s for the universe to decide. Let’s hope it increases hits to your website and sales of your book!
Here are some examples:
I am next on the tour. I will be posting this week. If you are interested, leave a comment. I’ll add your blog as a stop on the tour. Depending on how many I receive, I may send you the name of the next person (s) to add to the tour. If not, you’ll have to ask one of her writing friends.
I look forward to hearing from you. Now…All aboard!